Video: Murder Victims’ Family Berates Media for Sympathizing with Executed Murderer

Leave it to the liberal press to sympathize with a murderer and ignore the victims and their family.

For all their talk about their alleged concern for victims in any situation, you’d think they wouldn’t care so much about the fate of someone who murdered two people in cold blood. But I suppose it’s not all that surprising, considering that they also refer to an unborn child as a parasitic mass of tissue that’s invaded a woman’s uterus, and for this reason, deserves to die a painful death. It’s no wonder they fixate on a woman’s supposed right to murder her unborn child. She’s a victim of pregnancy.

Everything’s upside down in the liberal’s mind (do they even have one?). Recently, a murderer was executed in Arizona for the murder of Debra and Eugene Dietz way back in 1989. They should have executed him a long time ago, instead of having him on taxpayer life-support. Better late than never I suppose.

Instead of sympathizing with the victims, liberals wanted to report on how long it took for the poor murderer to die during his execution. They claim that some time after he was given the drugs, he gasped for air, and what was supposed to take 10 to 15 minutes, took nearly two hours for him to finally die. The murderer’s defense attorneys tried to get them to halt the execution while the murderer Mr. Wood was still alive. The New York Times sympathized:

In a bizarre twist, Mr. Wood’s lawyers filed an emergency appeal to a Federal District Court to halt the procedure as Mr. Wood lay on the gurney, and they even called Justice Anthony M. Kennedy of the United States Supreme Court.

“He is still alive,” the lawyers said in the district court appeal, filed just after 3 p.m. “This execution has violated Mr. Wood’s Eighth Amendment right to be executed in the absence of cruel and unusual punishment. We respectfully request that this court stop the execution and require that the Department of Corrections use the lifesaving provisions required in its protocol.”

Mr. Wood died before the district court responded, while Justice Kennedy turned down the request to halt the procedure by telephone while Mr. Wood was still alive, said Robin Konrad, a lawyer for Mr. Wood.

At 3:39 p.m., one of the defense lawyers placed an emergency call to three justices from the Arizona Supreme Court, which had authorized the execution at the last minute. But 10 minutes later, Mr. Wood lay dead.

Here’s the family of the victims, calling out the media:

This wasn’t “cruel and unusual punishment.” What better way to die is there than to fall soundly asleep for a couple hours and never wake up? He went a lot more peacefully than his victims.