Survey: Half Of Meteorologists Are “Climate Deniers”

Yes, that’s right. They deny the climate. They make a living out of trying to predict what the climate is going to be, but they deny the climate. Whatever that means.

What it means to liberals is that these individuals reject the myth theory that humans are causing the Earth to heat up by burning “fossil fuels.” [Is “fossil fuel” a misnomer?] If that’s true, that man is causing the Earth to heat up, and the burning of fossil fuels is to blame, then that means that we can control the outcome. We can prevent the end of the world from happening by placing restrictions on people’s greenhouse gas emissions. If we cap it enough, global warming will slow down, and hopefully if we catch it in time, it’ll stop.

But it’ll take a lot of taxes; a lot of oil and gas price-fixing; a lot of taxpayer-funded, bankrupt and failed “green” energy initiatives; a lot of “sacrifices” to offer people enough incentives to wean them off fossil fuels to prevent our near-certain doom.

What liberals see in this global warming alarmism is money and power. More controls over people. It has nothing to do with keeping the environment clean or preventing a global warming zombie apocalypse. It has everything to do with controlling people in the same way that Obamacare wants to control, monitor and track people’s health. Acceptance of the anthropogenic global warming myth means more regulations, mandates and bureaucratic red tape. And loss of freedom.

The global warming scam became a little more apparent than it already was when even the most diehard doomsday climate alarmists admitted that they don’t understand why there’s been at least a 15-year lull in warming in spite of record greenhouse gas emissions. It makes no sense. Unless humans aren’t causing anything after all.

But they know that isn’t true, so there must be some explanation. I’m sure they’ll come up with a question-begging theory much like punctuated equilibrium to satisfy their conscience and maintain their self-delusion.

A survey administered by the American Meteorological Society found that 48% of its members did not believe in manmade global warming. The remaining 52% did. The study also found that (not surprisingly) liberal meteorologists tended to believe in manmade global warming, and the non-liberal ones tended not to believe in it.

The author of the survey Neil Stenhouse of George Mason University wrote:

“Political ideology was the factor next most strongly associated with meteorologists’ views about global warming. This also goes against the idea of scientists’ opinions being entirely based on objective analysis of the evidence, and concurs with previous studies that have shown scientists’ opinions on topics to vary along with their political orientation. The result suggests that members of professional scientific organizations have not been immune to influence by the political polarization on climate change that has affected politicians and the general public.”

People have the same kind of connection to their political party of choice that they do with their football team of choice. Liberals will assuage their self-delusions about manmade global warming by telling themselves that it’s “science” and calling those who don’t accept the myth “anti-science” and “climate deniers.” But really, it just has to do with being a faithful cheerleader for their political team.