The president of Planned Parenthood Cecile Richards voiced her opinion on Twitter regarding the recent passing of the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which if enacted, would ban abortions after 20 weeks. She said that such a law would be unconstitutional, that it would “hurt women” and “lacks compassion” and “respect.”
- “A 20 wk ban would hurt women – & to add insult to injury, the GOP leadership has chosen Women’s Health Week to debate it. #StopTheBans #HR36”
- “This ban would put barriers to care in front of rape survivors & eliminate health care options when they’re needed most. #StopTheBans #HR36”
- “Put simply: a 20-week abortion ban lacks compassion & it lacks respect. #StopTheBans #HR36”
- “Congress: Defeat this dangerous, misguided bill and focus on moving this country forward – not backward. #StopTheBans #HR36”
- “Grateful for those in Congress who stood with women today.
- To those who didn’t: The fight is far from over. #HR36 #StopTheBans”
People like Richards think that allowing mothers and doctors to murder unwanted, unborn babies is “moving forward.” Forward, toward a cliff maybe. Actually, I’d say what they’re doing is moving backward off a cliff, or slippery slope, or whatever analogy you want to use.
She says banning abortions after 20 weeks lacks compassion and respect. How is killing an innocent, defenseless and unborn child seen as compassionate and respectful toward that child? And how does this “hurt women” when about half of those unborn babies who are murdered are female?
And she brings up rape survivors, as if 98% of abortions are on products of rape. The number of abortions on babies who were conceived out of rape and incest is so miniscule that it’s statistically insignificant.
This isn’t about protecting rape victims and all that. Abortion has little to nothing to do with rape and incest. It has everything to do with decreasing the population to a much more “manageable” level. But that’s not an easy sell. They have to make it sound like it’s a “woman’s right” to do with “her body” what she wants. Never mind the fact that it’s a completely separate person from the mother. To liberals, facts don’t matter.