Media Invent Another Phil Robertson Controversy to Boost Dismal Ratings

While CNN’s total day ratings went down only marginally, their primetime ratings were at 20-year lows:

Compared to 2012, CNN was flat in total viewers and down -2% in the A25-54 demographic in total day, down the least compared to Fox News and MSNBC. In primetime, the channel was down -16% in total viewers and -18% in the A25-54 demographic.

During primetime hours (8 – 11pm EST), CNN had a total of 568,000 viewers, of whom 183,000 were in the 25 – 54 age demographic.

Compare that to Duck Dynasty, which has something like 14 million weekly viewers. I think CNN is a little jealous. They know that controversy might take away some of Duck Dynasty’s viewers, so they’ve decided to create one. They’re hoping that maybe this time, Phil Robertson will get fired:

Oh, brother. “What is the tipping point to getting kicked off the air?” Robertson wasn’t “advising” anyone to get married to a young girl. He was making a joke; a joke that he tells frequently. “If you marry ‘em when they’re 16, they’ll pick your ducks. If you marry ‘em when they’re 20, they’ll pick your pocket.” Something like that.

And now, all of a sudden, he’s “promoting pedophilia.” Robertson himself married when he was 20, and his wife was 16. Breitbart pointed out that many states currently allow teens as young as 14 to get married:

Another fact CNN leaves out of its hit-piece is that with parental permission, in more than ten states, teenagers as young as 15 can marry. In the media capitol of the world, New York, teenagers as young as 14 can marry. In the state of Georgia, where CNN is headquartered, teenagers can marry at 16.

Now, if some LGBT activist were “advising” homosexual teens to get “married” young, that would be a different story.