Another Innocent American Dies in No-Knock Police Raid

A 59-year-old Georgia man is the latest victim of a no-knock police raid.

The police had gotten a warrant to search the house of David and Teresa Hooks for meth. But guess who gave the police this information? A meth addict who had come to the Hooks’ house just 2 days prior to the police raid, burglarized their home, and stole their black SUV. The meth addict burglar told the police that he had found meth in the Hooks’ SUV, which turned out to be a lie.

So, that burglary and theft of their SUV happened, and then just 2 days later, around 11:00 at night, a black SUV speeds up their driveway, and armed and hooded men wearing camo jump out. What do you think Mr. and Mrs. Hooks are thinking at this point? From Police State USA:

Mrs. Hooks bolted for the bedroom to alert her sleeping husband. “The burglars are back,” she insisted. Earlier that week, the couple’s home had been burglarized and an SUV stolen from the driveway.

Mr. Hooks, a 59-year-old businessman, sprang from his bed and picked up a firearm, then took a defensive stand to protect his wife and home from the intruders. As he exited his bedroom, the back door of the house was breached, and gun-wielding home invaders charged in.

What happened next was described as “chaos.” The intruders used their weapons to send a hail of gunfire into the residence; a total of 16-18 shots from rifles and .40 caliber handguns.

When the gun smoke cleared, it became evident that the intruders were actually a Drug Task Force and members of the Laurens County Sheriff’s Response Team (SRT). Mr. Hooks was killed without returning fire.

The officers claimed to be looking for methamphetamines. After searching the home for forty-four (44) hours, not a single trace of narcotics was retrieved.

Mrs. Hooks, who had been married to David for 25 years, has an attorney representing her and may file a lawsuit depending on the outcome of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s examination of the incident. The Telegraph added:

Shook [Hooks’ attorney] said Hooks was a devoted husband and father, not a drug user or distributor. He had passed multiple background checks to work on military bases and was financially stable.

“This is not a person who needs to be involved in criminal activity for financial gain. He did very well financially,” Shook said.

His office is continuing its investigation and will await the GBI’s results before determining whether to file civil action or a wrongful death suit.

These no-knock, middle-of-the-night raids based on questionable-at-best intel have to stop. In order for that to happen, the laws have to change, and the police have to be held accountable for their actions. If those things don’t change, then expect to see these happening more and more.