16 Million Private Insurance Plans to be Cancelled Due to Obamacare

Doing his best to brainwash Americans into accepting Obamacare, our honest president kept telling everyone that they would be able to keep their present health plans when Obamacare went into effect.  This promise will go down in the list of his many other broken promises and perhaps one of his biggest lies.

According to a recent report, more than 1 million Americans have already been notified that their current private health insurance policies are being cancelled due to the implementation of Obamacare.  If health-policy expert Bob Laszewski is right, this is only the tip of the iceberg.  He says that nearly 16 million Americans will have their current plans cancelled due to Obamacare.

Why, may you ask?

Laszewski points out that there are about 19 million Americans with their own private health insurance policies.  Obamacare does have a grandfather clause to allow existing policies to remain in effect, but that clause has very strict requirements.  In fact the grandfathering requirements are so strict that it will only cover about 15% of the 19 million private policies.  The remaining 85% of existing policies, just over 16 million, fail to meet the grandfathering requirements, meaning that they will all be cancelled thanks to Obamacare.

Insurance companies around the country are already dropping policies like mad and it’s all due to Obamacare.  Here is a list of some of those companies and what they are dropping:

  • Blue Cross in New Jersey dropping 800,000 policies.
  • Aetna in New Jersey reporting that 1.1 million policies are at risk.
  • Blue Cross in Florida dropping 300,000 policies.
  • California has around 500,000 people with catastrophic plans that don’t comply with Obamacare.
  • Blue Cross in Louisiana dropped Medicare D prescription plan, affecting 13,000 senior citizens.
  • Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield dropping Medicaid and Family Health Plus programs, affecting 13,000 people.
  • Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield sent letters to all of their policy holders warning them that any policies that don’t meet the Obamacare grandfathering requirements will be cancelled in 2014.  Numbers were not released.
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio has completely pulled out of South Carolina, dropping 28,000 policies.

In the next month or two, we will see that list grow considerably.  So remember the next time you hear President Obama say that you’ll be able to keep your existing plans, remember that he is a liar 16 million times over.  Wouldn’t it be great if all 16 million Americans that lose their health plan due to Obamacare, congregate in front of the White House.  They need to surround the White House and hold it captive until Obama is forced to stand by his word and allow all of these cancelled policies to remain in effect.