- “Obama promised would see $2,500 in annual savings as far as the eye could see…Between 2014 and 2022, the increase in national health spending (which the Medicare actuaries specifically attribute to the law) amounts to $7,450 per family of 4.” – Forbes
- “The study says 27-year-old men in Nebraska will see a whopping 279 percent increase in premiums and 27-year-old women in Nebraska will get an also-shocking 227 percent increase in rates.” – watchdog.org
- “Based on a Manhattan Institute analysis of the HHS numbers, Obamacare will increase underlying insurance rates for younger men by an average of 97 to 99 percent, and for younger women by an average of 55 to 62 percent. Worst off is North Carolina, which will see individual-market rates triple for women, and quadruple for men.” – Avik Roy
The above quotes are just three of many describing the premium increases average Americans will suffer under Obamacare. During his campaign, President Obama promised that families would save an average of $2500 a year under the affordable care act. However, for months, data has been pouring in, telling us otherwise. In addition to that, basic sense tells us that socialized medicine is a dangerous idea.
Despite all the evidence and the decades of history backing up the claim that Obamacare was a very bad idea, average, low-information Americans continued to allow themselves to be deceived. Now that Obamacare has officially hit the streets, those same Americans have become indignant about the cost increases.
On the Obamacare Facebook page, numerous people posted angry comments regarding cost increases:
- “I am so disappointed…These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!”
- “There is NO WAY I can afford it…Heck right now I couldn’t afford an extra 10$ [sic] a month…and oh apparently I make to [sic] much at 8.55/hour to get subsidies.”
- “my insurance plan right now for my spouse and I costs $545 a month with 100% coverage after my $2500 deductible. We are both 32 years old. When I looked at this site for 80% coverage it says it will be $954.78 a month!!!! So compare my old Plan: 100% coverage for $545 a month To New Plan: 80% Coverage for $945 a month. This is only only an estimate but it is VERY Scary for me to see this kind of increase in rates and reduction in benefits!”
What did these people expect? Are they living in an alternate universe where information is inaccessible? How do they go about their days without sussing even a modicum of factual information from the world around them regarding Obamacare?
This is just so sad. We are a country of empty-headed followers. King Obama issues edicts from on high, and we just eat it up like so much food. We are a peasant class. We have a King making false claims—otherwise known as telling lies—and we simply take him at his word, because we believe him to be benevolent.
This misplaced trust is borne out of intentional ignorance, and intellectual dishonesty. We are ignorant enough to believe the President will always be looking out for us; we are ignorant enough to believe that we can get something for free; and we are ignorant enough to believe everything the media tells us. We are peasants, Obama is the King, and the media are his soldiers.
We have great minds, but we don’t bother to use them. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would never even consider supporting Obamacare. Yet, we have people who are just now shocked by the premium increases they will endure. It baffles me.