The article on Salon was headlined “Charleston church massacre: The violence white America must answer for,” and the subheadline asked, “Where are the white fathers? When will white leaders step up? Charleston reveals our racial double standard.”
The article goes all out with blaming “White America” for the mass murder that took place at the black Charleston church.
The questions that the author Chauncey DeVega asks throughout his article, and the statements he makes are just like those that conservatives will bring up in the context of black violence.
DeVega conveniently doesn’t mention Chicago or Detroit violence. He doesn’t mention the knockout game attacks that black teens get a kick out of. He doesn’t mention abortion and Planned Parenthood’s targeting of predominantly black women and girls. He didn’t mention the myriad cases like this one, where a group of black guys descended on one 19-year-old, stole his iPhone and slashed his face before running off:
Police are looking for four suspects seen on surveillance video beating up and robbing a man on a Bronx street in broad daylight, WPIX-TV reported.
The violent assault occurred in the 1500 block of Westchester Avenue about 7 p.m. on June 9, police said.
The suspects were seen on video kicking and punching the 19-year-old victim.
While the victim was on his back on the sidewalk, one suspect appeared to be prying something from his hand.
Police said the man’s face was slashed before the suspects got away with his iPhone 6, WNBC-TV reported.
Instead, he asked these eight questions:
- “What is radicalizing white men to commit such acts of domestic terrorism and mass shootings? Are Fox News and the right-wing media encouraging violence?
- Is something wrong with the white family? Why are their sons and men so violent?
- What should law enforcement and white politicians do about white crime?
- Is the Charleston mass shooting just one more sign that America needs sensible and reasonable gun control policies?
- Where are the white fathers in the white home?
- When will white leadership step up and stop white right-wing domestic terrorism?
- Is White American culture pathological? Why is White America so violent?
- Are there appropriate role models for white men and boys? Could better role models and mentoring help to prevent white men and boys from committing mass shootings and being seduced by right-wing domestic terrorism?”
Yeah, let’s pretend like the black culture has it all figured out. They don’t have any issues at all with their families, absentee fathers, drugs, crime, violence, destructive rioting, wedlock children, etc. Never mind the fact that most acts of violence these days are either black-on-black or black-on-white. But let’s ignore those harsh realities and focus on one case where a white guy shot and killed nine black people and claim that this exact scenario has been playing out for decades and decades.
The truth is that this guy should be hunted down, arrested, given his trial, and when convicted, executed for murder. There’s no need to embellish and politicize the story by claiming that “White America” is to blame for this atrocious act. There’s only one person to blame for what happened, and it’s the murderer himself. Fox News and “right-wing media” have absolutely no control over him.
It seems as if when blacks are the victims of white violence, that only demonstrates a problem with “white culture” and its love affair with “hate crimes.” When white people are the victims of black violence, that’s not actually violence, per se. It’s “social justice.”