Poll Shows Global Warming Propaganda Wearing Off

If you ran an international campaign aimed at convincing people the sky was actually red – that it used to be blue long ago, before conservatives in the GOP came along, and that the only way to make it blue again was to enforce a litany of taxes and regulations that would bankrupt those who still believed in a blue sky, and would prop up those who believed in a red sky… at taxpayer expense – you’d have to spend an insurmountable amount of cash, but it could be done.

You’d have to pay off world leaders to raise awareness and to push for regulations and taxes; pay big name actors and actresses to advertise the issue and popularize their “solutions”; pay film and TV producers to make the issue mainstream; pay politicians to make it sound like their solutions are “for the children” and to push for laws addressing fixing the sky; and, of course, pay scientists to come up with some fake hockey stick graph. There’d be a “consensus” of scientists who’d claim that even though the sky looks blue, it’s actually red, and it’s caused by conservatives in the political arena and the private sector.

You’d have your “deniers” who still held on to their outdated and dogmatic “religious” beliefs that the sky is blue, and who would claim that this ridiculous campaign is based off junk science and a greedy desire for more money and power for the red sky industry.

All this time, energy and money would be invested in propagating a completely fabricated and preposterous myth to the point that many people would actually start to believe that the sky is truly red. The conservatives in the GOP would of course be the “deniers,” and those in the liberal base would be the ones who fall for the fake science and propaganda.

But I don’t think it would last long. At some point, people just wouldn’t be willing to suspend their disbelief every time they looked in the sky and saw blue. During dawn and dusk, they’d perhaps think there might be something to manmade red sky theory, but then it would look blue for the vast majority of the day. They’d rather believe their eyes, and so they’d stop caring.

That’s what’s happening with manmade global warming. A lot fewer people care about it nowadays compared with fifteen years ago when the hype and propaganda was at its peak, and Al Gore was all the rage. They’re still pumping massive amounts of cash into the myth, but they must have hit a point of diminishing return years ago. Now, the more they pump into the propaganda, the less people will care.

Here’s CNS News:

On 21 occasions over the past 26 years, Gallup has asked Americans how much they worried about global warming/climate change.

According to the poll results, significantly fewer Americans worry about global warming/climate change now than did fifteen years ago.

In its most recent survey, conducted March 5-8, Gallup asked 1,025 adults whether they worried “a great deal, a fair amount, only a little, or not at all” about a number of environmental issues including “global warming” or “global warming or climate change.”

32 percent said they worried about it a “great deal” and 23 percent said they worried about it a “fair amount,” making a combined total of 55 percent who said they worried about it a great deal or fair amount. 21 percent said they worried about it only a little and 24 percent said they worried about it not at all, making a combined 45 percent who worried about it only a little or not at all.

In 2014, a combined 56 percent said they worried about global warming a great deal or fair amount, and, in 2013, a combined 58 percent said they worried about global warming a great deal or fair amount.

According to the Gallup surveys, the percentage of Americans worried about global warming peaked in 2000, when 40 percent told Gallup they worried a “great deal” about it and 32 percent said they worried a “fair amount” about it, making a combined 72% who worried about it a great deal or fair amount.

Since then, the percentage of Americans who worry a great deal or fair amount about global warming has declined almost 24 percent (from 72 percent in 2000 to 55 percent in 2015).

I’d agree that these numbers are still high, but they represent a significant waning trend over the past decade and a half. There’s only so much that can be done to brainwash people into believing in a myth. At some point, people stop being willing to suspend their disbelief for purely political purposes.