Rush Holt, Jr. is a Congressman from New Jersey, and he’s running for the U.S. Senate. He sets himself apart from his opponents by making bold statements about getting everyone signed up for universal healthcare and taxing the rich. He also wants to “do something” about global warming, which he says has already killed millions of people and will continue to kill millions more unless we impose a carbon tax on everyone.
In an internet campaign ad, he stated:
“I’m Rush Holt, and I’m an energy scientist. On climate change, either we take real action, or millions will die. The answer is a carbon tax, and I’m going to fight for it. We can do this.”
In another of his campaign ads, he added:
“We can no longer allow Republicans do deny obvious truths. Our climate is changing. The consequences are lethal. Humans are responsible…”
Millions of people have died, and “millions already have died,” as he told the Star-Ledger, and humans are to blame. If he were talking about abortion, he’d be right. But he’s not one to care about those deaths. He thinks that global warming, er – climate change – has contributed to a rise in super storms, hurricanes, tornados, wildfires, droughts, etc. And if we don’t have a carbon tax imposed on all Earthlings, the world will continue to heat up and produce more and more chaotic weather patterns that will surely spell the demise of the human race.
Well, if humans are to blame, then wouldn’t that be poetic justice? So why try to stop the inevitable global warming apocalypse? Just let it happen, and then Mother Earth will be happy again.
There have been global warming alarmists who have been rather honest with their “predictions.” They admit that global warming is mostly hype and mostly political. Forbes gathered some quotes from some of these alarmists, some of whom work for United Nations groups, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC):
- Maurice Strong, organizer of the first U.N. Earth Climate Summit (1992): “We may get to the point where the only way of saving the world will be for industrialized civilization to collapse.”
- Former U.S. Senator Timothy Wirth (D-CO): “We have got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.” (Wirth now heads the U.N. Foundation which lobbies for hundreds of billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to help underdeveloped countries fight climate change.)
- Deputy Assistant of State Richard Benedick, who then headed the policy divisions of the U.S. State Department said: “A global warming treaty [Kyoto] must be implemented even if there is no scientific evidence to back the [enhanced] greenhouse effect.”
- Former Canadian Minister of the Environment: “No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…climate change [provides] the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world.”
- Mikhail Gorbachev: “The threat of environmental crisis will be the international disaster key to unlock the New World Order.”
- IPCC official Ottmar Edenhofer, speaking in November 2010: “…one has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. Instead, climate change policy is about how we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth…”
And Stephen Schneider, the guy who in 1976 wrote a book about the coming “ice age,” later served as a lead author for the IPCC. In one of his writings, he offered some advice on how to more effectively “raise awareness” of global warming:
“…[W]e need to get some broad-based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, entails getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of the doubts we might have. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest.”
So, who cares what the science says. The important thing is to be shocking so that you’ll get media coverage. You know, like Representative Holt saying, “I think it’s no exaggeration at all to say that millions will die. And in fact there’s pretty good evidence that millions already have died because of climate change.” Then, hopefully, more and more people will fall for the hype and willingly consent to a carbon tax.
The science isn’t there to back up these hysterical claims. But then again, this was never about science. It’s about scaring the world’s population into accepting world socialism. They just don’t call it that. They call it “social justice.”