How can the Hillary Clinton approval rating remain high despite obvious and provable deceptive behavior?
Stephen King wrote that “the trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool.” That is certainly correct. I would, however, amend that notion with regard to the field of politics. Not only is the trust of the innocent a grand tool used by lying politicians, but the collaboration between the left and the media has elevated that false trust by giving a more credible veneer.
When the media—who are supposed to be the fourth branch of our republic, the real branch of the people—continuously and with great vigor cleans up the bloody mess left behind by the left, all the American people know is an endless lie. It’s like a massive Truman Show.
E.g. Hillary Clinton’s email-gate in relation to her approval numbers. When a new Washington Post/ABC poll asked respondents if Hillary Clinton was “honest and trustworthy,” an astounding 46% said “Yes.” When I read the story I actually began laughing because the absurdity was so stark.
46% of Americans believe Hillary Clinton is “honest and trustworthy.” What world are we living in? Have pod people descended, taken half the public, and I just didn’t notice? Am I going to turn to one of my liberal friends tomorrow only to hear them screech and raise their finger to alert the others?
Not even mentioning older history such as the Whitewater scandal, let’s break down what Hillary has been up recently:
- First, it was discovered by the House Committee investigating Benghazi that Hillary Clinton used a private email instead of a State Department issued account during her entire tenure as Secretary of State, possibly braking several laws.
- Then, it was discovered that the private email was housed on a private server in her own home in New York.
- Hillary’s team then decided to turn over what theydeemed relevant to the investigation. No third party was allowed to assess the relevancy of all the emails on the server.
- Clinton declared that she had acted in good faith and that the server would remain private.
- Hillary also claimed that she didn’t use a State Department issued email because carrying to phones would be inconvenient. Clinton said: “I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal e-mails, instead of two.” It was later revealed, however, that she also used an iPad. So I suppose the iPad was convenient, but a smaller, more mobile electronic device was not.
- According to Rep. Trey Gowdy, the leader of the investigation, Hillary wiped her server clean in the fall or winter of 2014.
It is just over the last several months that this information has arisen. This begs numerous questions. Why did she have a private server in the first place? Why won’t she turn it over to a third party for a forensic examination? Why is an iPad more convenient than an official phone? Why did she wipe the server clean during the height of the Benghazi investigation? What is she trying so desperately to hide?
All of these questions have yet to be answered in any meaningful way, yet 46% of Americans think this woman is “honest and trustworthy?”
Ask yourself, if Hillary were a Republican, would her trustworthiness rating be standing at frakking 46%?! Absolutely not. It would be in the toilet. Who are these Americans who believe her to be so trustworthy and honest? I need to know! Because it boggles the mind to think that that many people are so blind to reality. The only explanation is the partnership between the Democrats and the media.
According to a Seattle Times piece from 2005:
“The CIA leak case has apparently contributed to a decline in how Americans view Bush personally. The survey found that 40 percent now view him as honest and trustworthy, a drop of 13 percentage points in the past 18 months. Fifty-eight percent said they had doubts about Bush’s honesty, the first time in his presidency that more than half of those polled have questioned his personal integrity.”
The CIA leak case had little if anything to do directly with President Bush, yet caused a precipitous drop in his personal trustworthiness ranking. Hillary Clinton hides her email server during an ongoing Congressional investigation, wipes it clean, and lies about the inconvenience of carrying two devices, and her trustworthiness is an entire 6 percentage points higher than Bush’s was.
This gigantic media Truman Show has convinced half of the United States that Hillary “there’s not a lie I didn’t like” Clinton is honest and trustworthy!
Just for clarification, Google defines “Honesty” as “free of deceit and untruthfulness; sincere.” Google defines “Trustworthy” as “able to be relied on as honest or truthful.” Yeah, I’m not getting that from Hillary.
46%. Mind blown. Remaining sane in this liberally contrived universe is becoming increasingly difficult.