In his typical lying liberal rhetoric, president Barack Obama made another blatantly false statement in order to push his illegal gun control measures. When asked what he’s proudest of and what are his biggest disappointments, Obama responded:
“My biggest frustration so far is the fact that this society has not been willing to take some basic steps to keep guns out of the hands of people who can do just unbelievable damage. We’re the only society, we’re the only developed country on earth where this happens, and it happens not once a week and it’s a one day story. There’s no place else like this.
Well Mr. president, you not only lied, but you just slammed many of the European nations by suggesting that they are not developed. Back in 2010, John R. Lott Jr. wrote an article – Gun Control and Mass Murders for the National Review Online because the same lying rhetoric was being espoused then like it is today. In that article, Lott listed mass shootings that have taken place in other countries.
He starts out by saying that the three worst school shootings at the time occurred in Germany and Scotland and that they all occurred in gun free zones, just like the shootings taking place in the US today. In 2002, 18 students were killed at a high school in Erfurt, Germany. In 1996, 16 kindergartners and their teacher were killed in Dunblane, Scotland. In 2009, 15 were killed at secondary school in Winnenden, Germany. Of course now we can add the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school that ended with 27 dead.
Here is the partial list that Lott posted:
- Zug, Switzerland, Sept. 27, 2001: A man whose lawsuits had been denied murdered 14 members of a cantonal parliament.
- Tours, France, Oct. 29, 2001: Four people were killed and ten wounded when a French railway worker started shooting at a busy intersection.
- Nanterre, France, March 27, 2002: A man killed eight city-council members after a council meeting.
- Erfurt, Germany, April 26, 2002: A former student killed 18 at a secondary school.
- Freising, Germany, Feb. 19, 2002: Three people killed and one wounded.
- Turin, Italy, Oct. 15, 2002: Seven people killed on a hillside overlooking the city.
- Madrid, Spain, Oct. 1, 2006: A man killed two employees and wounded another at a company that had fired him.
- Emsdetten, Germany, Nov. 20, 2006: A former student murdered eleven people at a high school.
- Tuusula, Finland, Nov. 7, 2007: Seven students and the principal killed at a high school.
- Naples, Italy, Sept. 18, 2008: Seven dead and two seriously wounded in a public meeting hall. (This incident is not included in the totals given below because it may have involved the Mafia.)
- Kauhajoki, Finland, Sept. 23, 2008: Ten people shot to death at a college.
- Winnenden, Germany, March 11, 2009: A 17-year-old former student killed 15 people, including nine students and three teachers.
- Lyon, France, March 19, 2009: Ten people injured when a man opened fire on a nursery school.
- Athens, Greece, April 10, 2009: Three people killed and two injured by a student at a vocational college.
- Rotterdam, Netherlands, April 11, 2009: Three people killed and one injured at a crowded café.
- Vienna, Austria, May 24, 2009: One dead and 15 wounded in an attack on a Sikh temple.
- Espoo, Finland, Dec. 31, 2009: Four people shot to death at a mall.
- Cumbria, England, June 2, 2010: Twelve killed by a British taxi driver.
To this list, I would like to add the following mass shootings that have occurred in other developed nation:
- Baku, Azerbaijan, April 30, 2009, 12 students and staff were gunned down at the Azerbaijan State Oil Academy.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 7, 2011, 12 children killed and a dozen more wounded at an elementary school.
- Tyrifjorden, Buskerud, Norway, July 22, 2011, 69 teenagers and adults shot to death at a youth camp.
- Toulouse, France, March 19, 2012, a rabbi, two of his children and another child were shot and killed at a Jewish school. The same man also shot and killed 3 paratroopers.
- Nairobi, Kenya (Obama’s nation of birth), September 21, 2013, 70 people killed and 175 wounded during a 3 day siege at a shopping mall.
So does Obama not consider England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Scotland, Netherlands, Greece, Finland and Austria to be developed countries? No wonder all of Europe hates us and laughs at our worthless president.
This is another example of how Obama cares nothing for the truth and will go to extremes to push his anti-American, anti-Second Amendment agenda. He has been deliberately lying to the American people and expecting the liberal media to support him. Sadly, so many Americans are so duped by Obama and the liberal media that they won’t bother to see if he is telling the truth or not.
It’s not about mass shootings or gun violence and it’s not about the truth. It’s all about Obama’s need to disarm Americans. I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow is orchestrating some of these shootings just to push his anti-gun agenda. Consider how he is using his immigration policies to steal jobs from American citizens. Consider how his failed economic and jobs policies have cost millions of jobs and forced millions of Americans to lose their homes and in many cases their families. Consider how he has openly attacked our Christian foundations and then openly embraced his Islamic terrorist buddies and even invited them to the White House. Consider how he used the IRS to target conservatives, Christians, Jews and many top Republican supporters.
This information needs to get out to everyone in the nation so they can see just how far Obama will go to push his agenda. They need to see just how he has been lying to them and how little he cares for the American people or for the people in other developed nations. Obama needs to be exposed as a liar, fraud, charlatan, criminal and traitor and then just maybe enough Americans will realize how dangerous his is.